CCC Green Market - Deli, Bakery, Produce, Frozen Foods
The Community Caring Center of Greater Boynton Beach, Inc. d/b/a The Secret Garden Cafe, A Culinary Incubator Program, is an Economic Development program which provides services and community development initiatives that strategically promote the growth and revitalization efforts of a targeted low-and moderate-income communities in Boynton Beach, known as the Heart of Boynton.
The Market/Deli/Bakery is a not-for-profit grocer and a culinary incubator program, known as the Secret Garden Café. It is a unique and innovative model that integrates social service programs and economic development by addressing root causes of poverty relating to the access to healthy and affordable food. Our social services and economic development programs are located in a poverty area of Boynton Beach, known as the Heart of Boynton.
The Heart of Boynton has been identified as a “Food Desert” by the United States Department of Agriculture. Our programs include:
- A culinary incubator program to develop small businesses and create job growth;
- An “Easy Garden Gourmet Cooking Classes” that provides nutrition education to adults and children by teaching cooking, drying, and canning classes focusing on affordability using seasonal fruits and veggies, teaching how the use of fresh herbs and veggies can reduce salt, sugar and fat in diets;
- An Organic and Affordable Meat & Veggie monthly package, using our restaurant license for bulk purchases at reduced and wholesale prices;
- An Urban Farming Project which helps increase the affordability of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables; and
- A Senior Veggie Mobile Program providing delivered meals, fresh soups, fruits and vegetables to the 274 frail and elderly shut-ins within the community.
This strategy encourages the expansion of capital investment; increasing family income, wealth and employment; stimulates local economic activity and connections to the regional economy; and improves the access to affordable and sustainable food centers. This strategy support healthy environments and lifestyles within the community, and fosters empowerment and raise possibilities. This project goes directly to the heart of community building and sustainability.”